Saturday, May 15, 2010

Turtle Monitoring to come!!!

So there hasn't been diving since Tuesday due to weather but when we did dive that day we came across a pod of dolphins on our way to our dive site. They were so close to our boats and so beautiful, I squealed like a little girl every time I saw one jump out of the water haha. This week though we have been continuing more rescue diver training and we are almost done until we are certified and I just hope I never have to use the skills in real life. On a different note for the beginning of next week I get to go turtle monitoring (turtleling). Basically what we get to do is walk the beach at night and seek out nesting turtles and record information about them and make sure their nests are kept safe. I'm so beyond excited to be a part of this. I will write about how it goes in the next blog.
Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: