Sunday, May 2, 2010

To the Rescue and to the Ruins!!







This week we started our Rescue Diver course and we aren't even halfway through with practicing everything. We have completed the bookwork though and let me just say that I don't think I will ever attempt to do the Fireman's Pull during any rescue haha. Other than that we had more BTEC assignments this week and some people have started TEFL. As I said last entry this weekend is our long one so right now I am in Tulum and it has been an amazing trip so far. Most of us went diving this weekend in the world famous cenotes. We went to Dos Ojos (Two Eyes) and it was like nothing I have ever done before. We only went down eight meters tops but the entire dive we had to use flashlights and we got to see the incredible limestone formations and even a few fossils embedded in them. Diving those caverns made me want to become a cave diver as well in the future. Also in Tulum there are ancient Mayan ruins that we can see. I haven't seen them yet but I going to go in a little while so perhaps when I return I will write more and upload photos. I'll be back in a couple of hours. :)

Ok so here are some photos from one night in Tulum where we ate our first steak in over a month and then some pictures from the ruins and cavern diving. Although I have none underwater because they didn't really turn out. But the ruins were awesome and the beach was gorgeous.





Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: