Friday, May 7, 2010

General life on base..




So I have mostly talked about out of town trips and I haven't talked much about what it's like on base. Well for starters if you can't live without showering everyday and you eat meat and cheese everyday then this would not end well for you. We have a cold shower every four days and we eat mostly vegetables, pasta, rice, and porridge for breakfast. It's a good meal for vegetarians but after awhile you get used to the food. It it a whole new experience for me being out here but it's also an amazing one, I feel like I'm actually doing a lot as a conservationist here and I may not be able to dive every day because of weather at times but it is certaintly more than I was doing back home. The bugs here also are a nuisance but hey bug repellent was invented, though I'm not sure how well it is working haha. In general though, base is on a beautiful beach and I feel like I am on paradise. I don't need to ask for much more.

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: